Tuesday 1 May 2012

Guest Designer Showcase

Hello all and welcome to another Guest Designer Showcase here at Try it on Tuesday. Can you believe we are in May already? Pretty soon it will be summer. This week we have the very talented Mynnette here with us to showcase some of her work. So without further ado we give you over to Mynnette.




Hi!  My name is Mynnette Kitchen and I’ve been crafting since before I can remember.  I started stamping and card making about 7 years ago and am now a certified craft-a-holic. I started becoming  more active in the blog community about a year ago and have learned SO MUCH from everyone I’ve met!  Because of this, I have branched out quite a bit and so I don’t have an actual “style” although a lot of people say I have an eye for color.  I have 5 cards to share with you that are my most recent favorites with just a few words about each.  More information can be found on my blog, On a Stampage with the tag of “spotlighted”. :)

Favorite Project #1:

This was a really fun set of cards to create—five in all with matching envelopes.  I used lots of dry embossing—I usually do when making white on white cards—and used blender pens and ink to color in my images before dry embossing the white panel.  My favorite thing about this project is the bright colors against the white.  It looks so fresh, clean, and springtime wonderful!  All images, paper, ink, and ribbon are by Stampin’ Up!  and the dry embossing folders are by Sizzix.

Favorite Project #2:


Another pair of CAS cards with dry embossed white on white.  If there is any one thing that I think could be said to be part of my current style, it’s a punched or die cut opening with a recessed stamped panel (and probably white dry embossed panels on top of more white).  That is how these cards were created.  They were sent out to my family members for Easter.  Tip for these cards—keep the die cut or punched panel and stamp on THAT in order to make sure you see all of the images that you want to see.  All supplies by Stampin’ Up!
Favorite Project #3


I’m not quite sure what happened to this photo, but this is another example of my favorite white on white with dry embossing.  Maybe I DO have a style?!  This card is one that I LOVE because of the beautiful butterflies on it.  Butterflies are a favorite of mine.  All supplies Stampin’ Up! except for the dry embossing folder by Sizzix and the crystals by Prima.

Favorite Project #4

This card is one of my “artsy” attempts at paper crafting.  I made it just a few weeks ago during a tornado.  Yes.  I said tornado.  When I’m nervous, I craft, and this is what came out!  I created the digital image/sentiment on my computer, printed two out, and went to town!  The colored panel was printed out, dry embossed, crumpled up, water colored, and then sprayed with gold glimmer mist.  Then I used the words and letters from the second printed image and pieced them on top of the artsy panel.  A bunch of different jewels and some ribbon, a felt flower, button, and twine for accents, and voila!  I was really pleased with how it turned out!
Favorite Project #5


I saved my absolute favorite for the last.  I feel like a Victorian girl at heart.  I would ADORE wearing the amazing dresses they wore in the early 20th century if I was allowed to.  I love lace, pearls, jewelry, and flourishes.  This is a card that utilizes a lot of these elements and also a digital image from Swing Shift Designs.   I have just recently started to use digital images in my paper crafting, and this is my favorite example of it.

Thanks to the lovely ladies at Try It On Tuesday for having me spotlighted today!  I love their challenges and try to play along as much as possible.  I hope to see your creations here on their challenge blog and would love for you to stop by On a Stampage and say hello!  Happy stamping, friends! :)

Well done Mynnette! those are really some great projects you have shared with us. Please do take a pop by Mynnettes blog and say hello. She would love to see you. Don't forget next week we have another great challenge for you so be sure to check in. Have a wonderful week!
The TIOT gang.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards thanks for being our spotlight guest. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful selection of cards, all so different and special. Thank you for sharing your favourites with us. .
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete

Huge thanks for taking the time to visit us and leave a comment The Try it on Tuesdays team really appreciate it x